About Blog

This Blog is for EVERYONE! It was created for You and Me, to help us become better Homemakers! Here's how it works...you create a "post" for everyone to see. (Posts will be deleted if inappropriate!) Then people can make comments (or give answers) about that post. The idea of this blog is to offer advice, ideas, ask questions, etc. that will help you and others become better homemakers. By setting it up this way people don't have to be embarrassed to ask simple or complicated questions and can ask for advice without feeling like they should have already known "that."

How to login - An account has been made with GMail that you will need to enter along with the password.

Email: improvinghomemaking@gmail.com
Password: onlygettingbetter

Please do not change the settings or use this email account other than to sign into this blog!

You are welcome to add your own personal blog /link so others can get to know you better too!

Let's get Blogging and remember to be kind and helpful when Posting/Commenting.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Decorating Cabinets

The cabinets in my kitchen don't go all the way up to the ceiling, there is like 12 inches of empty space. I don't know what to put up there as far as decorations. Everything I put up there makes it look cluttered. Does anyone have any suggestions of what would look cute up there without making it look like a pile of crap? Or mabey I should just leave it bare... I don't know. Let me know if you have any suggestions :) Thanks, Jeimilee Spence

3 comments:

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Try plants. Like a long one that will cover the whole area. You can even use silk plants, that way you don't have dead plants up there! That is, if you have a black thumb like me! That will look nice and will liven up the place and add some color.

Tobi said...

When I got married I got more wine glasses then any Mormon couple should ever be allowed to own. I display all my glasses and my collection of crystal vases on top of my cupboards. It looks pretty without looking like I just threw a bunch of junk up there.

Homemaking said...

Just some simple baskets can look nice. You don't even need to put anything in them. That's what I did at out last place, and if you use "natural" looking baskets that are not colored, you can't even see the dust after they have been up there for a while!!! YEA!! (I'm bad with the whole dusting thing! Thank goodness for swiffers! LOVE those things!!)